Past MILEX Events
Past events from the MILEX docket include:
- November 11, 2016: ACRL-MD & MILEX joint Fall Conference: Considering #CritLib: Inclusion and Diversity in Libraries, Loyola University Graduate Center, Columbia, MD.
- March 18, 2016: MILEX Spring Conference: Connecting the Dots: Libraries, Campus Collaborations, and Student Success, Loyola University Graduate Center, Columbia, MD. Keynote talk presented by Rebecca K. Miller, Head, Library Learning Services at Penn State University Libraries
- November 20, 2015: ACRL-MD & MILEX joint Fall Conference: Your Student is My Student: Information Literacy and the Transfer Student Experience, Loyola University Graduate Center, Columbia, MD
- March 20, 2015: MILEX Spring Conference: The ACRL Framework for Information literacy for Higher Education, Loyola University Graduate Center, Columbia, MD
- November 14, 2014: MILEX Fall Conference: New Identities: Adapting the Academic Library, Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- March 21, 2014: Workshop: TU's Excellent Rubric Assessment Adventures: On The RAILs, Loyola Graduate Center, Columbia, MD
- April 19, 2013: MILEX Conference 2013: Success in Information Literacy Instruction, Loyola Graduate Center, Columbia, MD
- July 13, 2012: Summer Meeting: The Best Thing I Learned at a Recent Conference or Workshop, Howard Community College, Columbia, MD.
- April 12, 2012: So Happy Together (Happy Hour), Alewife in Baltimore, MD.
- March 21, 2012: Workshop: Assessing the Value of Academic Libraries: Strategies, Tools and Techniques
Presenter: Megan Oakleaf, MLS, PhD, http://meganoakleaf.info. Towson University, Towson, MD (Map)
- October 28, 2011: MILEX Conference
- July 14, 2010: Gadgets, Guides and Giggles: Fostering Fun in Your Learning Space, Blackwell Library, Salisbury University, BL207.
- March 19, 2010: MILEX Workshop on Instructional Design, Loyola Graduate Center in Timonium
A workshop on instructional design for librarians focused on ways that our limited face-to-face contact
with students in a classroom can be moved outside of the classroom in creative ways using technology.
Instructional designers, faculty and librarians will share their tips and tricks for good instructional design.
Each session will have an interactive component. The workshop will be based on the ADDIE Model
[Assessment, Development, Design, Implementation and Evaluation]. See ADDIE Model at Learning-
Theories.com at http://www.learning-theories.com/addie-model.html.
- October 24, 2008: MILEX Conference 2008 - How in the World?: Getting Students to Think Critically
- August 1, 2008, Sean Henry presention on Second Life: 11 a.m. - ?, Ort Library, Frostburg State University, Frostburg, MD
- November 9, 2007: MILEX Assessment Workshop 2007 - Measuring Up: Tools for Assessing Information Literacy - Loyola Graduate Center, Columbia, MD
- October 26, 2006: The 1st Annual MILEX Conference - Academic Integrity Conversations: Librarian/Faculty Collaborations
- June 1, 2006: MILEX Meet & Greet Program at Towson University, Towson, MD - Invitation Letter (PDF)
- Brief demo on using Macromedia Captivate software to create library tutorials (Dr. Sean Henry, Frostburg State University) - Macromedia Captivate for Information Literacy 'Show-Me' Tutorials (PPT & Flash)
- Presentation on how UMUC is promoting information literacy (Ms. Beth Mulherrin and Mr. Robert Miller, UMUC)
- Brainstorming session on programs and projects that MILEX may pursue to assist in promoting information literacy at their own institutions (Mr. Thomas Arendall-Salvetti and Mr. Stephen Ford, Moderators) - MILEX Brainstorming Session (PDF)
- May 4-5, 2006: MILEX Poster Session at MLA Annual Conference, Ocean City, MD - Brochure (PDF)